COMPUTER SYSTEMS ENGINEER
ENGINEERING | FULL TIME
Responsible for the development activities associated with computer product lines and customer-specific solutions from concept through product end of life. Including some systems engineering responsibilities, this position serves as a central resource for all aspects of identifying computer hardware and coordinating activities across engineering and manufacturing teams. Involvement lasts throughout all stages of a product’s lifecycle including modifications, upgrades, maintenance of the product or product line, and failure analysis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for managing the technology lifecycle of new products, features or enhancements from conceptualization, requirements gathering, product specification, implementation review and release.
- Evaluates technical options and represents business requirements to the organization through responses to the market requirement documents and detailed functional specifications.
- Evaluating hardware for use in target environments.
- Responsible for coordinating and developing test plans for third-party testing, writing test procedures, and acting as main point-of-contact with testing authorities. Drives the initial prototypes, debug, and resolution of manufacturing defects and drives enhancements to the products.
- Interfaces with the OEM manufactures, preforms compatibility testing for new components and tracks OEM component life cycles.
- Other job duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of relevant experience in hardware design or systems engineering.
- Strong ability in organizing and managing multiple projects, setting priorities and working independently under aggressive timelines. Ability to drive cross-functional development efforts through conception, planning, implementation, and sustaining.
- Strong Communication skills with the ability to write and analyze requirements, functional specifications, design specifications, test plans, and documentation.
- Strong knowledge of Workstation/Server hardware architecture, systems, Operating System platforms and device drivers. Thorough understanding of appropriate technologies, vendor products, and competitor’s offerings.
- Experience with multiple CPU architectures.
- Experience with system hardware in a design, development, test, or equivalent role that requires detailed analysis and debug of issues, leading to root cause identification and resolution.
- Ability to analyze options for critical design elements and features and determines optimum selection.
- Knowledge of MIL-STD test procedures and requirements a plus.
MS or BS in Computer Science or Engineering. (Experience may be considered in place of education.