Interested in working at CP Technologies?
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OPERATIONS| FULL TIME
Purchase equipment, tools, parts, supplies, or services necessary for the operation of the company. Purchase component parts and services used for manufacturing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Purchase the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible cost.
- Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for goods and services.
- Evaluate vendors based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, communication and the supplier’s reputation and history.
- Analyze proposals, financial reports and other available information to determine reasonable costs.
- Negotiate and administer contracts with vendors when applicable.
- Monitor open purchase orders to ensure that goods come in on time, and in the event of problems, follow up with vendors. Request RMA’s for repair, replacement or credit.
- Meet with department personnel and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action. Respond to internal non-material requests (NMRs) when appropriate.
- Maintain and review computerized or manual records of items purchased, costs, delivery, product performance, and inventories.
- Utilize industry periodicals, trade journals, Internet sites, and input from other department personnel to locate necessary goods and services.
- Review inventory history records and current inventory levels of stock to develop strategic purchasing programs.
- Meet with vendors and visit their business locations to learn about products, services, and prices.
- Review product specifications, maintaining a basic working technical knowledge of the goods or services purchased.
- Monitors changes affecting supply and demand, track market conditions and price trends.
- Send email to Sales and Engineering departments documenting End of Life (EOL) Part Notification form. Form to be returned from Sales department with Customer(s) signature/authorization of change.
Other job duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Minimum basic understanding of MAS-Sage 100.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software.
Four (4) Year University Degree with emphasis in business or four to six years related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience
Interviews will start January 2020